Did you know that Carbon Monoxide is one of the scariest killers out there? If your home has a carbon monoxide leak (from a leaky water heater or a bad ventilation system), you can find yourself vulnerable to carbon monoxide poisoning or even death in only hours. It’s even the LEADING cause of accident poisoning deaths in the US. Not only is it deadly, but CO poisoning is also silent—oftentimes it’s difficult or impossible to realize that you are being poisoned until it is too late. Symptoms come on gradually and often seem like flu symptoms until eventually the body is suffocated from the inside out.
There are some things that should NEVER happy in your home—NEVER use barbeque grills inside, ALWAYS check to make sure your fireplace flue is open and free of debris, REGULARLY check to make sure your water heater, AC/heating system, stove and oven are working properly and are free of leaks. Your home and family safety are the most important thing you will ever protect.
I cannot stress just how important it is for you to have not only proper ventilation in your home and office but also a proper monitoring system. Carbon Monoxide monitoring systems are cheap and simple and near ubiquitous—there is NO reason that you don’t have one yet. You can get a CO detector from a local hardware store or call us and we’ll identify the need in your home or office and install them for you.